Velo Veneto - Ciclismo Italiano !

Stories from the Velo Veneto bike racing camp in Castelcucco, Italy

Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I'm a 50 year old kid who loves to race bikes. I operate a bike racing camp in Northern Italy. When not in Italy I have the good fortune of living in one of the best places to ride, the Northern California Wine Country.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Feels Like Waiting

Do you ever feel like you're waiting alot this time of year? I do. I feel like I'm waiting for the days to start getting longer. I feel like I'm waiting for the holidays to get over with. I feel like I'm waiting for Spring (and it was 68 and sunny here today!) I feel like I'm waiting for racing season to get going (which it will in NorCal on Feb. 6, 2005...not that far away.) Oh well, be patient my son...all in good time.

Had a couple of real good rides last weekend. Four hours on the road bike in sunny weather on Saturday, then a great 3 hr. MTB ride in Annadel Park (12 minutes from the house) on Sunday...total for the week, 21 hours. We've been doing more on the dirt this Fall/Winter, more for the mental side than physical. Since our 2005 season will be so long and involved with our Camp in Italy we figure that more days off the bike now and more variety with doing some off-road training will be good for the mental freshness come August next year!

Speaking of last Sunday...Cindy hosted a Holiday Party for about 30 of our friends. It also doubled as her birthday party. There's a good reason that I'm not a big party guy...I can't handle my liquor. Like an idiot, I mixed drinks having some wine, beer, scotch and a gin&tonic. About 3 hrs in to the festivities I knew I was in trouble and spent the better part of the next couple of hours paying homage to the porcelin goddess. Ouch!!! Fortunately the purging worked and a big glass of Gatorade set me up for a good night's sleep and no hangover the next day. But there were enough after-effects that I wimped out and didn't get out on the bike on Monday. Live and learn...again, and again. You think at 45 yrs old I'd be a bit smarter. Oh, well I hope the guests didn't miss me too much and had a good time.

Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home