Velo Veneto - Ciclismo Italiano !

Stories from the Velo Veneto bike racing camp in Castelcucco, Italy

Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I'm a 50 year old kid who loves to race bikes. I operate a bike racing camp in Northern Italy. When not in Italy I have the good fortune of living in one of the best places to ride, the Northern California Wine Country.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Forced break?

What, being forced to take a break from training and racing already? Yep, that's what a bad saddle sore and falling arches will do to you. We missed the races in Fresno last weekend, the Pine Flat road race and Dinuba criterium because I developed a saddle sore near the end of a ride that was so uncomfortable I was even having to be careful sitting in a chair. No need to go in to much detail, but that forced a few days off the bike, so our trip was cancelled. Then over the weekend my foot started hurting in the ball of the foot below the big toe. One of Cindy's teammates is a sports med Doctor and he thought that I might have an arch problem...probably because I don't wear proper shoes around the house. A trip to the running shoe store for some over the counter orthotics seems to have relieved that problem...but no flip flops for me anytime soon.

So the next races will be the weekend of Feb. 26-27 in Merced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home