Velo Veneto - Ciclismo Italiano !

Stories from the Velo Veneto bike racing camp in Castelcucco, Italy

Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

I'm a 50 year old kid who loves to race bikes. I operate a bike racing camp in Northern Italy. When not in Italy I have the good fortune of living in one of the best places to ride, the Northern California Wine Country.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Misc.

Boy how time flies when you're having fun. It's been about six weeks since I last posted. I think about posting often, but to be honest I've been pretty lazy about it...OBVIOUSLY!

I originally started this 'blog as a way to let everyone know what was up with our training and racing and most especially our Velo Veneto racing camp. In years past I had sent out race report e-mails to a list of cycling friends as we travelled through Europe for 2-3 months each summer. But Blogging is great because you don't impose on anyone to read your "ramblings" as they can go to your "blog" site by choice. You just have to keep it updated!!!

To be honest, there isn't that much to report, well at least not from my riding/racing perspective. I've decided to take this season off from racing and concentrate on making a few bucks at the golf course. I really love it which makes the time away from the bike easier and since I dedicated the last 10 years of my life to the bike nearly 100%, maybe a season's break is good. When we get to Italy in July I can get back to 24/7 cycling. Speaking of our arrival in Italy...we originally we supposed to be there by now, but there have been serious health issues with family and friends up in Portland and Seattle, so we've postponed the camp until July 25. I'll miss not being able to view the Giro d'Italia in the Veneto region the next two days (May 18/19) as it passes through the region.

Cindy has been riding well since I last posted. She was a guest rider for the Victory Brewing pro women's team at the Sea Otter Stage Race in mid April and had a great time riding with those girls as a super domestique. A couple of weeks ago her whole Dewars team had great success at the Santa Rosa downtown criterium...Cindy won the Masters Women's race, Laura Charameda took the Cat. 1/2 women's race (with Cindy 5th) and Gavin Chilcott was victorious in the Masters Men AND Pro/1/2 races!!! The Santa Rosa Press Democrat did a nice story on the race and team Dewars.
Cindy's next big objective is the Liberty Grand Prix in Philadelphia on June 5th. She has done this race twice before in 2000 and 2001 back when it was a women's UCI World Cup event. While it's no longer on that calendar, it's still one of the top races in the world for women, so she is VERY excited to be back. As a great bonus, our daughter Crystal is coming down from her home near Springfield, Mass. to spend a couple of days with "mom"!!!

So I'll try to be better about posting here. I do PROMISE that when we get to Italy, I will post at least once a week !!! A Presto ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home